R&D registration number in UkrISTEI: 0119U100948.
Which priority area of science and technology corresponds to: Information and communication technologies.
Source of funding: funds from the general fund of the state budget.
Prospect for further implementation in 2021-2022: completed.
Research level: No analogues in Ukraine.
Patent availability: 7 patents of Ukraine.
Brief description, positive qualities and prospects for application.
The project was aimed at solving the problems of improving the safety of modern navigation, defined by international conventions and rules – the International Convention on the Training and Certification of Seafarers and Watchkeeping (STCW-78/95/2010), the International Rules for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea (IRCO-72), International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS-74), International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution of Ships (MARPOL).
The project solves the scientific problem of improving the quality of the functioning of dynamic positioning systems for sea vessels by introducing new methods and software tools for managing dynamic positioning processes, studying the theoretical and methodological foundations of their work, studying the features of the processes of formation and decision-making by the navigator and establishing science-based approaches to practical the use of such systems, which made it possible to increase the safety of navigation.
In the course of the project implementation, a technology for creating modern software tools was developed to improve the quality of the functioning of the ship’s navigation system and:
- A model for controlling the movement of a ship, taking into account its maneuvering characteristics, the specifics of the navigation area and the navigation situation.
- Methodology for assessing the level of danger of the current navigation situation.
- Methodology for determining the set of feasible solutions to control the movement of ships in the place of dynamic positioning.
- Model of the process of interaction between the operator and the technical means of ship control.
- Methodology for integrating the developed methods and algorithms into a single intelligent control system for the vessel’s dynamic positioning.
- Criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of the developed system.
On the basis of the conducted research, new methods for creating software tools for the SPS of sea vessels adapted to the requirements of electronic navigation (E-navigation) and the current legislation in the field of shipping are proposed.