From September 9 to October 28, 2021, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the National Agency for Academic Exchange of the Republic of Poland (NAWA) are holding a competition for joint Ukrainian-Polish research projects for 2022-2023.
Project proposals are accepted in the following priority areas:
- computer and the latest production technologies (laser, high-precision, mechatronic, robotic, plasma, optoelectronic, sensor, etc.);
- energy management and energy efficiency;
- ecology and environmental management;
- life sciences, new technologies, health and prevention of common diseases, biotechnology, bioengineering and genetics;
- new substances and materials;
- social and human sciences;
- defense technology.
The indication of the priority area in the application form is required.
The competition is open to any research group of higher educational institutions, scientific institutions and enterprises of both countries.
Submitting an application
To participate in the competition, you must submit the following documents.
- Covering letter (1 copy, scanned copy is not allowed). Requirements: on the letterhead of the applicant institution addressed to the Deputy Minister of Education and Science for European Integration Shkuratov O.I. It is imperative to note that research on the project topic is not funded from the state budget within the framework of other competitions.
- Application form for participation in the competition (2 paper copies of the application, scanned copies of pages with signatures and seals from the Polish partner are allowed; pages with signatures and seals from the Ukrainian side – only in the original). Requirements: bilingual (filled in sequentially in Ukrainian and English in one file). Requirements for all clauses of the application are given in the application file.
- Confirmation letter from the Polish project manager partner (1 copy; scanned copy of the letter is allowed). Requirements: on the letterhead of the partner institution, addressed to the head of the applicant institution, a free-form text indicating the names of the project managers, the name of the general project, which must match the name of the project in the application form.
- Expertise certificate for open publication of materials on the topic of the project (1 copy, scanned copy is not allowed). Requirements: the expert commission of the institution approves the conclusion, which notes that the materials of the project proposal do not contain information prohibited for open publication, the text is in any form.
- CV of Ukrainian and Polish scientific leaders of the project (1 copy each). Requirements: CVs of each manager are drawn up in two languages - Ukrainian and English, text in any form.
Fill out a Google questionnaire, in which it is obligatory to attach a completed application in * .doc and * .pdf formats. It is better to fill out a Google questionnaire after preparing all the specified documents.
All paper materials must be collected in one signed folder (on the folder, indicate the name of the competition, the name of the applicant institution, the topic of the project, the name of the head). The organizers will consider only those applications that are executed in accordance with the specified requirements and were sent on time.
Documents are accepted at the address: Ukraine, 01601, Kyiv, bul. Taras Shevchenko, 16, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. They can be submitted in two ways:
- send by mail (the date is determined by the stamp on the mailing envelope and must be no later than the last day of the competition). Please do not send documents by registered mail by Ukrposhta, it is enough to choose a simple mail. When sending documents by the courier of New mail, the documents are delivered to the correspondence box in the lobby of the Ministry of Education and Science at the above address;
- hand over personally – leave at the box office for correspondence, which is located in the lobby of the Ministry of Education and Science at the above address.
verification of documents for compliance with the requirements of the competition;
transfer of applications for scientific expertise;
conducting scientific examinations in parallel in both countries;
ranking the list of projects based on the results of scientific expertise of both parties;
selection and approval of the list of research projects for funding at a meeting of the Commission on Cooperation in Science and Technology between the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the National Agency for Academic Exchange of the Republic of Poland.
- scientific relevance, quality and originality of the project;
- the ability and competence of temporary research teams to bring the project to life;
- the possibility of joint research and the adequacy of the scientific method;
- experience of participation in international projects and future development of international cooperation;
- the quality of the infrastructure of the institutions involved in the projects;
- participation in projects of young scientists (up to 35 years old);
- possibilities of practical use of the project results.
Funding is allocated for two years in a row, for each year separately.
Appropriate contracts for the implementation of projects are annually drawn up with the performers. The decision to continue funding for the next year is made after reviewing the report for the previous year of work.
Each Party covers the costs associated with the stay of its scientists in the partner country, namely: transportation costs, accommodation, daily expenses (the amount of daily expenses and the maximum amount of expenses for renting accommodation per day are calculated in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of 02.02.2011 No. 98), and also covers the costs of health insurance and visa support.
The Ukrainian side reserves the right to provide salaries for its scientists participating in Ukrainian-Polish projects, in accordance with the regulatory legal acts of Ukraine.
Scientists from the Ukrainian side, in particular project managers, must take all necessary measures to protect scientific, technical and industrial values that belong to them, as well as intellectual property rights. The main attention will be paid to ensuring that in the framework of cooperation there is no unplanned transfer of Ukrainian technologies to other countries.
Project leaders and key contributors can submit multiple applications. However, managers will not be able to obtain funding for more than one project.
Ukrainian candidates for participation in the competition should make sure that their Polish partners have submitted an application to the National Academic Exchange Agency of the Republic of Poland (NAWA).
Information about the winners of the competition will be published on the website of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in the section “Science” → “International scientific projects” → “Bilateral scientific competitions” → “Results of competitions”.
Only the winners of the competition will be informed by e-mail at the e-mail indicated in the application for further steps.
From the Ukrainian side:
Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- International Cooperation Department of the Main Directorate for the Implementation of Science and Innovation Policies of the Science and Innovation Directorate
- Iryna Levitska
- Address: Kyiv, 01601, bul. T. Shevchenko, 16
- Phone (044) 287-82-35
From the Polish side:
National Agency for Academic Exchange of the Republic of Poland (NAWA)
- Paweł Kurzyński
- Phone: +48 22 390 35 64