Research area – medicine.
Purpose – to seal, disinfect and heal wounds while maintaining a moist environment around it.
Area. Treatment of wounds and burns.
Description. The proposed anti-burn dressings are created on the basis of hydrogels, “sewn” with the help of radiation. The essence of the “stitching” method is to create a three-dimensional network of polymer molecules in an aqueous solution – under the action of electrons accelerated to the speed of light. The material of the dressing is an elastic film 3-5 mm thick from a jelly-like material that is sterile and biocompatible with tissues, which is 80-90% liquid. In fact, it is a polymer sponge with a mesh size of less than 1 micron. It retains water, but does not allow bacteria to pass through. Desired partner type – private investors for setting up a dressing enterprise based on the Institute of Development.
- They give an instant effect of anesthesia – water, of which 90-95% is a hydrogel, immediately cools the wound and stops the process of tissue destruction.
- Quite sterile.
- They cleanse the wound by absorbing various secretions from it.
- The antiseptic function of the composition of the solution provides for the possibility of adding various drugs – both to the content of the hydrogel and to the outer surface of the already applied dressing.
- They let water pass through themselves, so that if the bandage is poured with liquid medicines, pain relievers, hemostatic, antiseptic and others, they will easily fall on a wound or burn.
- Protective function: microbes will not be able to get to the affected area, since their size is larger than the size of the mesh of the material mesh.
- They do not stick to the wound, which makes the process of removing the bandage non-traumatic and completely painless.
- Transparent, which allows you to control the condition of the wound, and not looking under the bandage every time.
- They are practically airtight, and therefore can also be useful in preventing the threat of open pneumothorax.
- Safe, biocompatible and biologically inert.
Technical and economic effect. Such bandages have already been recommended for use in NATO troops, but have not yet been produced in Ukraine. The developed product is in no way inferior to foreign counterparts, but it will cost 2-3 times cheaper than the products of Kik-Gel and Paul Hartman.
Novelty. 1 certificate of Ukraine. 1 know-how of Ukraine.
Readiness. Laboratory tested.
Cooperation. Creation of a joint venture.