On October 4, 2021, the Ministry of Education and Science announces a competition for projects of scientific works and scientific and technical developments of young scientists. The corresponding order of the Ministry of Education and Science of September 29, 2021 No. 1027 is published on the official website.
Young scientists who work or study at universities or research institutions subordinate to the Ministry of Education and Science can participate in the competition. The project leader must be a young scientist under the age of 35, inclusive, with a higher education of at least the second (master’s) level, or a scientist under the age of 40, inclusive, who has a doctorate degree.
The selection will be carried out in two stages:
- at the level of higher educational institutions and scientific institutions. It will be necessary to complete the selection and submit projects to the Ministry of Education and Science in the unified information system “Science in Universities” by November 7, 2021 and send documents in paper form to the Ministry of Education and Science – by November 12 of this year;
- at the level of MON. By December 13, 2021, it is planned to carry out an examination of projects in the professional areas of the competition. Until December 17, the Competition Commission of the Ministry of Education and Science must analyze the work of the Expert Council and determine the projects recommended for implementation. After that, the winning projects of the competition will be approved by order of the ministry, and the implementation of projects will begin in 2022.
The work will begin in 2022 at the expense of the general fund of the state budget according to the topic:
- safe, clean and efficient energy;
- modern mechanical engineering, intelligent, green and integrated transport;
- development of the field of nuclear physics, radiophysics, astronomy and the rocket and space industry, aircraft and shipbuilding, military technology;
- new materials and production technologies;
- climate change, environment, clean building and environmental management;
- food security, conservation agriculture and forestry, marine, coastal and inland water research, bioeconomics;
- economic transformation, demographic change and welfare;
- Ukraine in a changing world: inclusive, innovative, thinking society;
- security society: protection of freedom, national security and cultural heritage of Ukraine and its citizens;
- health care: new substances and materials for prevention and treatment, development of biotechnology and equipment for high-quality medical care;
- information and communication technologies, robotics.
The competition for scientific works and developments of young scientists was founded in 2015, and this year it will be the sixth. Gradually, financial support for young scientists is increasing from year to year, and this year it has reached UAH 100 million.