The development is intended for innovative treatment of municipal wastewater through the implementation of new design solutions, process automation and utilization of the energy potential of wastewater.
For the first time, based on the established parameters and operating modes (the power-off period, hydrodynamic shear forces, the height to diameter ratio of the reactor, the aeration-sedimentation period) granules of activated sludge are formed during incubation of activated sludge under conditions of aeration and/or deaeration on municipal wastewater of Ukraine and used the energy potential of wastewater by heat pump units to meet consumer needs.
Among the main advantages of municipal wastewater treatment plants, granular activated sludge is:
- the formed granule of activated sludge contains three zones (aerobic, anoxic and anaerobic) and has a size of 0.5-2 mm; the process of separation of the sludge mixture is 5-7 minutes at a sludge concentration of 8 g / l (the separation of traditional free-floating sludge, which is used at most treatment plants in Ukraine, takes 30-50 minutes at a sludge concentration of 2-3 g / l);
- reduction of the required area for construction up to 75% compared with traditional options for municipal wastewater treatment;
- energy saving for aeration and sludge pumping up to 50%;
- reduction of greenhouse gas and methane emissions;
- reduction of capital and operating costs and construction and/or reconstruction;
- reduced payback period.
RECOMMENDED FIELD OF APPLICATION:
Implementation of treatment plants for individual or collective consumers.
RESULTS OF THE RESEARCH:
STAGE OF THE DEVELOPMENT READINESS:
Joint bringing to the industrial level.
3 patents of Ukraine.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE,