From July 15 to September 15, 2021, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the Council for Scientific and Technical Research of the Republic of Turkey (TUBITAK) announce a competition for joint Ukrainian-Turkish research projects for 2022-2023.
Project proposals are accepted in the following priority areas:
- Materials Science;
- life sciences, health care and biotechnology, including the treatment of diseases such as novel coronavirus pneumonia;
- earth sciences and the environment;
- “Digitalization” and information technology;
- aerospace engineering, including unmanned aerial vehicles;
- energy technologies.
Indicating the priority direction in the application form is required!
The competition is open to any research group of higher educational institutions, scientific institutions and enterprises of both countries.
Filing an application
To participate in the competition, you must submit:
- Covering letter (1 copy, scanned copy is not allowed). Requirements: on the letterhead of the applicant institution, addressed to the First Deputy Minister of Education and Science N.A.Kizim, a free-form text indicating the name of the general project, priority direction, full name of the supervisor and with a list of appendices. It is imperative to note that research on the project topic is not funded from the state budget within the framework of other competitions.
- Application form for participation in the competition (2 paper copies of the application, scanned copies of pages with signatures and seals from the Turkish partner are allowed; pages with signatures and seals from the Ukrainian side – only in the original). Requirements: bilingual (filled in sequentially in Ukrainian and English in one file). Requirements for all clauses of the application are given in the application file.
- Confirmation letter from the Turkish partner-project manager (1 copy; scanned copy of the letter is allowed). Requirements: on the letterhead of the partner institution addressed to the head of the applicant institution, a free-form text indicating the names of the project managers, the name of the general project, which must match the name of the project in the application form.
- The examination certificate for the open publication of materials on the topic of the project (1 copy, scanned copy is not allowed). Requirements: the expert commission of the institution approves the conclusion, which notes that the materials of the project proposal do not contain information prohibited for open publication, text in any form.
- CV of Ukrainian and Turkish scientific leaders of the project (1 copy each). Requirements: CVs of each manager are drawn up in two languages - Ukrainian and English, text in any form.
- Fill out a Google questionnaire, in which it is obligatory to attach a completed application in * .doc and * .pdf formats. It is better to fill out a Google questionnaire after preparing all the specified documents.
All paper materials must be collected in one signed folder (on the folder, indicate the name of the competition, the name of the applicant institution, the topic of the project, the name of the head).
The organizers will consider only those applications that are executed in accordance with the specified requirements and were sent on time.
Documents are accepted at the address: Ukraine, 01601, Kyiv, bul. Taras Shevchenko, 16, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. They can be submitted in two ways:
- send by mail (the date is determined by the stamp on the mailing envelope and must be no later than the last day of the competition). Please do not send documents by registered mail by Ukrposhta, it is enough to choose a simple mail. When sending documents by the courier of New mail, the documents are delivered to the correspondence box in the lobby of the Ministry of Education and Science at the above address;
- hand over personally – leave at the box office for correspondence, which is located in the lobby of the Ministry of Education and Science at the above address.
- verification of documents for compliance with the requirements of the competition;
- transfer of applications for scientific expertise;
- conducting scientific examinations in parallel in both countries;
- ranking the list of projects based on the results of scientific expertise of both parties;
- selection and approval of the list of research projects for funding at a meeting of the General Ukrainian-Turkish Committee.
- scientific relevance, quality and originality of the project;
- the ability and competence of temporary research teams to bring the project to life;
- the possibility of joint research and the adequacy of the scientific method;
- experience of participation in international projects and future development of international cooperation;
- the quality of the infrastructure of the institutions involved in the projects;
- participation in projects of young scientists (up to 35 years old);
- possibilities of practical use of the project results.
Funding is allocated for two years in a row, for each year separately.
Appropriate contracts for the implementation of projects are annually concluded with the performers. The decision to continue funding for the next year is made after reviewing the report for the previous year of work.
Each Party covers the costs associated with the stay of its scientists in the partner country, namely: transportation costs, accommodation, daily expenses (the amount of daily expenses and the maximum amount of expenses for renting residential premises per day are calculated in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of 02.02.2011 No. 98), and also covers the costs of health insurance and visa support.
The Ukrainian side reserves the right to pay the salaries of its scientists participating in Ukrainian-Turkish projects, in accordance with the regulatory legal acts of Ukraine.
Scientists from the Ukrainian side, in particular, project managers, must take all necessary measures to protect scientific, technical and industrial values that belong to them, as well as intellectual property rights. The main attention will be paid to ensuring that in the framework of cooperation there is no unplanned transfer of Ukrainian technologies to other countries.
Project leaders and key stakeholders can submit multiple applications. However, managers will not be able to obtain funding for more than one project.
Ukrainian candidates for participation in the competition should make sure that their Turkish partners have submitted an application to the Scientific and Technical Research Council of the Republic of Turkey (TUBITAK).
Information about the winners of the competition will be published on the website of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in the section “Science” → “International scientific projects” → “Bilateral scientific competitions” → “Results of competitions”.
Only the winners of the competition will be informed by e-mail at the e-mail indicated in the application for further steps.
From the Ukrainian side:
Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
International Cooperation Department of the Main Directorate for the Implementation of Science and Innovation Policies of the Science and Innovation Directorate
Address: Kyiv, 01601, bul. T. Shevchenko, 16
Tel. (044) 287-82-35
From the Turkish side:
Scientific and Technical Research Council of the Republic of Turkey (TUBITAK)
Tel. +90 312 298 1792